Archive for February, 2012
So I am sort of ‘borrowing’ this idea from @nathcarruthers, although I know this sort of idea has been out there for a really long time. Anyway, for the month of February (so now!), I’ll be skipping out on fast food, with these basic restrictions:
- The obvious – places like Maccas, KFC, Hungry Jacks, Dominos, etc.
- The slightly less obvious – places like Subway, any mall food outlet, gourmet pizzas like Crust
- Eating at (real) restaurants is okay, as is getting take-away from them, as long as it isn’t in plastic containers! (So somewhere like Outback Steakhouse is on the cards, albeit expensive!)
- Free lunch on Friday – work gets take-out for us for lunch on Friday. As long as it isn’t too bad (so something like Indian would be fine), it’s okay. Otherwise I go home and have sadface-sandwhich time.
- Boost! – Boost is a mall food outlet so…as long as I’m only getting a juice every now and then I’m okay.
So yeah, that’s basically it. Nothing too special, just something I’m going to do. Putting it out there just helps with definition and motivation! I had my last Maccas last night while working late, so that should hopefully hold me over for at least another month!