Posts tagged Call of Duty
Everyone has a backlog. That stack of games that only ever seems to grow, especially with the release schedule for Q1 this year! Mine isn’t too long, but that’s mainly because it’s only made up of games I know can afford or borrow from a friend, and many of them are games that I own and have started, but haven’t had time to finish because of Uni and work. I’m also going to throw on a game or two that I plan on getting into very soon. So without further ado, my backlog:
- Assassin’s Creed 2 – I’ve been playing AC2 for about a month now and really loving it. I’ve finished the main story and only have about 11 of the 100 feathers to go. Once I get those last few feathers, and the Auditore Cape I’ll only have to visit each city and I’ll have 1000/1000 gamerscore for the game…Until tomorrow when The Battle of Forli DLC comes out, which will no doubt include achievements, quickly stripping me of one of five 100% complete games.
- Mass Effect 2 – Hardly something you can say is on my backlog (considering it came out today). I ordered the special edition online while I was writing this post so I am going to get to it ASAP. Can’t wait!
- Left 4 Dead 2 – I got L4D2 about the same time as AC2, but haven’t payed it as much attention due to the lack of other players here. I’ve done the first campaign, and made it through maybe half of dark carnival, but it doesn’t seem right to be playing a game like this without at least one other human player. Another sad point to make about the game is how Valve was forced to desecrate L4D2 by the Australian Classification Board, who was sort of forced to do it by The Devil/Michael Atkinson. Basically there are: No corpses, no gore, no blood or anything of the sort. In fact, Zombies fade away as you kill them, generally not even hitting the ground. If you use fire or a pipe bomb, they simply disappear. It really takes away from the atmosphere and ruins the experience, but at least it came out I suppose (although from all appearances Valve didn’t do much of a job when they toned it down, the just took EVERYTHING out). So in summary, I’ve got a lot to do in L4D2.
- Modern Warfare 2 – Yeah okay, I missed the biggest hit of the holiday. I suppose one excuse can be that although I’ve played all the 360 CoDs bar one (CoD2, CoD4:MW and CoD:WaW), I’ve never actually owned one. It isn’t that I have anything against them (In fact I loved them, and can’t wait for MW2), but after I play through the campaign, maybe a couple of times there isn’t much in it for me. From what I have played of the multiplayer (in LANs on PC) I’ve really enjoyed it, I just don’t have the internet connection to support online multiplayer. Still, it is definitely on the list and you’ll probably see it on my gamercard in the next month or so.
- Halo 3: ODST – Sadly, the first FPS Halo game I haven’t owned (don’t have Halo Wars either). This was completely for financial reasons. I did borrow ODST and play it through on Normal, but I definitely still need to hopefully get myself a copy, and play it through on Legendary and see what else I can do. I really enjoyed the game, and Firefight kicked arse, so when the time comes, I’m sure I’ll really enjoy ODST again.
- Dragon Age: Origins – I am planning on building a new computer in the next month or so when I get back to Uni and DA:O is going to be coming right along with it. Jumping into ME2 and DA:O at the same time is going to be bloody time consuming, especially when I want to get my MW2 on at some stage soon as well, but from all reports it is going to be worth it. Can’t wait to try a Bioware RPG, made for PCs on a PC!
- Grand Theft Auto 4 – GTA4 was a lifesaver for me back when it came out in the start of 2008. It was the only game I could afford for a long while and thankfully it was big enough to last me ages. So long in fact that I still haven’t finished it! I made it most of the way through the campaign when the HSC hit, and I had a little bit of a break from gaming (admittedly that is when I started watching a LOT of Stargate.) It wasn’t only the HSC I suppose, the game seemed to get a little less addictive towards the end, but if I get time, I’m planning on getting back in and finishing it, and perhaps going for a few achievements as well.
- Gears of War 2 – For me, GoW2 wasn’t really that fantastic. I loved the Horde mode, and did manage to get to Wave 50 in that, but I seemed to just blow through the campaign on Hardcore without giving it too much though. I suppose that might mean the story didn’t really grip me, but I suppose it will get another go when I play through it on Insane.
As well as all of this (which will be no mean feat!) I have the approaching threat of Splinter Cell Conviction, a game I have been waiting for years for now. With that and all sorts of other games coming out, heaps of TV shows and movies as well as that life thing and Uni, I’m not sure if I’ll be catching up on my backlog. In fact that would kind of defy most Backlogs in general (ever growing). I suppose though, if I even get close, I’m only playing on easy mode by not including games that I’d like to play but can’t afford like Borderlands, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Brutal Legend, all sorts of fake instrument games and loads more.
I can’t wait to get my hands on Mass Effect 2, and I’ll try and finish off Assassin’s Creed 2 before it gets here.